Monday, May 2, 2016

Post 11. The weekend and Monday is BACK! Oh, and pretzels!

Crap, it's Monday again! 





         The weekend was pretty good, considering it rained and snowed the entire time! Ze man came back after being gone for 2 weeks (because of work) and the kids and I were happy to have him. He even managed to bring us pretzels from Germany. He had a stop-over there and picked us up a few. Sluuuuurp, they are so delish! 
 

(Not the actual pretzels, they got eaten too fast!)

This Monday offered me MORE rain with a touch of wind, it offered an eye infection to my youngest, a pretend stomach ache to my middle child and lazy bones syndrome to my oldest. 
       If you are a parent or know one (or few), you will know how difficult it can be to get them out of bed in the morning. If it's a weekday! Because same time on the weekend the kids wake YOU up! 
I practically had to drag my oldest out of bed this morning, tell the middle child she just had gas (which she proved while I was helping her with her shoes!) and take my youngest on a stroll to the pharmacy. (Just in case sterilized water doesn't work)
       I'm hoping I don't have to take her to a doctor but we will wait for morning to find out. It should be interesting, to say the least, since we were appointed a doctor to take care of the family if someone got sick or infected or so on. 
        Since we moved to Norway we've had no need of him and I shudder at the idea of pronouncing his name. I think it's safe to say, I'm going to get it wrong! I've actually asked a few people if they know of to pronounce the man's name, this is how I assured myself the doctor was a male, and so far I have found no one. So here's hoping I can be charming enough to not come off as a total A-hole. 
        Of course, none of that might have to happen, if my youngest's infection clears up. Crossing fingers! 

But I am proud since my little one is 2 1/2 years old and didn't complain once in our long walk this morning. It might have had something to do with the cookie I got her, though. 
        As is often the case with sick kids at home, I am running a bit behind today, and I forgot to get dinner out of the freezer.... Hot dogs for dinner! Whoa, wild Monday!! 
My editing is close to completion and hopefully I can get this book published somewhere. I'll keep you posted.

Hope your Monday is going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment